In this Step by step -guide you will find the most important instructions on how to get started with HeiaHeia and how to use the app or browser version.
HeiaHeia is a gamified, holistic and social wellbeing service that helps you promote and monitor your wellbeing. You can use HeiaHeia on your computer or smartphone. HeiaHeia is for everyone and can be used socially or alone. It makes wellbeing more fun!
- App: Smartphones and tablets
- App & computer: Goals, friends, settings, connecting wearables.
- Logging activities, cheering and statistics
- In the HeiaHeia Pro-version: Wellbeing score, challenges, library
4. Need help?
HeiaHeia app on your phone or tablet:
- You can access HeiaHeia by downloading the app from the app store.
- iPhone / iPads: Open the App Store on your phone or iPad. You can find our app by searching for HeiaHeia. Download the free app.
- Android-phones / Android tablets: Open the Google Play app store on your phone or tablet. You can find our apps by searching for HeiaHeia. Download the free app.
- Once the app is downloaded, the next step is to open a HeiaHeia user account.
- Open the app and follow the instructions: Opening an user account
- You can use either the free version or the Pro version provided to you by your employer/organisation. To activate the Pro version, your employer/organisation will send you an email invitation or a sign-up code.
HeiaHeia on a computer (browser version)
- You will find HeiaHeia here: heiaheia.com -> Login
- Open a user account by following instructions: Create a user account
You can use either the free version or the Pro version provided to you by your employer/organisation. To activate the Pro version, your employer/organisation will send you an email invitation or a sign-up code.
2. Getting started with HeiaHeia
After opening an account, start by setting yourself activity goals, finding friends on HeiaHeia, connecting possible wearables to HeiaHeia and checking your account settings.
In the app:
Week by week, goals will help you to stay on track. You can set yourself an overall wellbeing goal, daily step target, an exercise target and a sleep target. In the app, tap the 4. tab in the bottom right corner to visit the My Wellbeing page. Here you can set your different goals and targets and follow your progress on reaching them. See here for more detailed information about goals.
Find yourself some friends in HeiaHeia. Your friends will cheer you to reach your goals and you can cheer them!
You can find your friends on the 2. page called Community and Friends. You can either search for other HeiaHeia users or invite new friends to HeiaHeia. Read more about friends in HeiaHeia.
You can also use HeiaHeia like a diary, on your own without friends.
Tap on your profile in the top right-hand corner to check your account settings. Here you will find, among other things, the privacy settings for your account, where you can e.g. choose who can see your entries and activities.
Under your profile in the top right-hand corner, you will find the page Wearables & Health app, where you can connect a wearable or the health app of your phone to HeiaHeia. This will automatically import the information about your activity to HeiaHeia. Click here for instructions on how to connect.
If you don't have a wearable or health app, you can also use HeiaHeia completely without them and manually log your activities in the app.
In the browser version, the functionalities listed above can be found in the blue top banner:
- Goals: Click on your name in the top right corner -> Profile. Here you can set an overall wellbeing goal for yourself, as well as a sleep and step goal.
- On the Friends page, you can see all your friends in HeiaHeia and your friend requests. You can search for new friends either from a list of people you might know or by typing their full name in the search box. If your friend is not yet using HeiaHeia, you can invite him/her to join by clicking on Invite by email. Joining is free for your friend.
- To access your account settings, click on your name -> Settings.
- Wearables: In your account settings, click on Wearable devices to connect your wearable. Health apps can only be connected via your phone.
3. How to use HeiaHeia?
Functionalities in the free- and pro version:
1. Log your activities daily
You will find more than 600 different activities in HeiaHeia. You can log your physical activities, hobbies, micro actions, sleeping hours, your meals or track your weight.
In the app you will find these under the blue plus sign.
In the browser version click on the red plus sign to add activity.
First, choose the category you want to log and then the type of activity, fill in the information you wish in your entry and save. You can also record your exercises with a GPS tracker.
Some entries, such as weight, are private by default and not visible to others. For each entry, you can decide whether you want it to be visible only to yourself -> tap on the Private entry.
Your and your friends' entries will appear in the news feed on the homepage.
2. Cheer your friends
Take advantage of a virtual environment for peer support and cheering. In the news feed on your homepage, you can see your friends' posts. Tap Cheer on your friend's entry and select the cheering icon or write a nice cheering comment for your friend.
3. View statistics
Step back and take a look at the bigger picture to see how you’re coming on. You will find your statistics on your activities, achievements and goals in the app on the My Wellbeing page. In the browser version under Stats, you can find even more detailed statistics.
Additional functionalities of the HeiaHeia PRO-version:
The HeiaHeia library contains a wide range of material from different areas of wellbeing and exercising in the form of programmes, videos, workouts and tests designed for different levels. Digital coachings are available for example under the topics Body or Mind. Learn a new, healthy habit or discover a new sport!