Learn how to log your workouts and activities on HeiaHeia. It’s easy!
Tap the blue PLUS sign in the bottom menu and select the type of your new entry:
- wellbeing actions,
- gps tracking of exercises,
- recovery days or
By tracking your activities, you can follow your progress towards your goals and in the Pro version also automatically earn wellness points and participate in ongoing challenges. Each entry increases the challenge pot, for example in kilometres, points, time, etc.
1. How to log physical activities?
There are about 600 different activities to choose from!
- Search your activity or scroll down the list of different sport categories. For example, under Dancing you’ll find a lot of different dance types.
Under recommended sports you will find your top sport activities. HeiaHeia becomes faster and easier to use as it learns your favourite activities.
If your activity is not listed, you can leave our support a ticket. We will see if it is possible to add this to the list.
- Enter all data of your activity you wish. In addition to date and duration you can add a title, notes (will be shown under the title), distance, your mood, location, photos and tags. Under Advanced you can add calories, average and max. heart rate etc.
- Enliven your entries by adding photos, titles and notes.
- If you want to keep your entry private, toggle on the private entry. Your entry will then be shown only to you.
- Exclude from stats. If you toggle on this, your entry won't be included in any personal or community statistics. In some lifestyle activities, this is a default setting.
- Tap on Save entry and you are done!
Tip: You can add a tag to the activity you have logged and filter the activities later based on the tags added. For example, you can tag heavy and light exercises or compare your progress on a particular jogging route. You can't delete tags afterwards, so take your time to think about which tags you need.
There are 6 different wellbeing activities in the free version and many more in the pro version, related to different themes such as nutrition, recreation, activity, social relationships, etc. You can focus on the ones that are most important to you, or set a goal for a specific area of wellbeing.
In the pro version, by completing wellbeing activities, you automatically earn HeiaHeia wellbeing points and participate in any ongoing challenges.
2. How to log wellbeing actions?
- Tap on Wellbeing Actions and choose your action. To find out more information about a wellbeing action, tap on the action to open it.
- Adding pictures, titles and notes will liven up your entries!
- If you want to keep your entry private, toggle on Keep private. Your entry will then be shown only to you.
- The information you can fill in about your Wellness Action varies depending on the nature of it.
- Tap on Save entry and you are done!
3. Track your exercise
For tracking an exercise, you must allow HeiaHeia to use your location data.
When starting tracking, HeiaHeia will ask for a permission to use your location. You can later change this setting: Tap on your phone settings -> HeiaHeia -> Location. Start tracking by tapping on the green button. Orange button will pause the tracking and the red button ends it. Tap on Save to training log (or reset). Under settings of the GPS tracking you can choose between different maps and enable/disable speech.
Turn on location under your phone settings before starting the tracking.
Start tracking by tapping on the green button. Orange button will pause the tracking. Stop by tapping on Stop and save (or reset). Under settings of the GPS tracking you can choose between different maps.
4. Log meal
Keep a diary of your meals. The default setting for these entries is private. Private entries are visible only to you and are identified by a lock symbol.
5. Log weight
If you like to keep on eye on your weight, you can log your weight for example once a week. The default setting for these entries is private. Private entries are visible only to you and are identified by a lock symbol.
6. Log sleep
A good night sleep is important for your wellbeing. Log here at what time you went to bed and woke up. You can set yourself a sleep target under your profile.
By getting enough sleep you will also automatically earn HeiaHeia wellbeing points and, depending on the challenge, possibly also increase the challenge pot!
7. Recovery day
Sometimes you need to recover and rest. Take at least one recovery day a week without heavy sport and log a recovery day. Or if you're not feeling well, log a recovery day and rest.