As a HeiaHeia Champion user you have access to a wide range of different reports and statistics about your community.
With HeiaHeia's reporting tool, you can quickly access various summaries of your community and a wide range of reports on community, team and individual level. The statistics include all users who have given their consent to be included.
Please note that the reporting will provide you with community data on all activities of community members, but it will not always give you a direct result of the community challenge. For example, if certain activities are excluded from the challenge, this will not be reflected in the reporting.
How to get a report?
The quickest way to get a report is to use the HeiaHeia report tool under the Admin actions. Follow these instructions to get your report or to view statistics:
- Log in with your HeiaHeia password here.
- Choose the organisation you need the reports for under My HeiaHeia.
- Click on the icon of Admin actions.
- Choose Community Dashboard.
- Select start and end dates for your report/statistics. The report tool will refresh to reflect the timeline you chose.
- Then select the category, s picture above. You have 7 categories:
- Overview. On the Overview page, you can see basic information about your community, as well as a summary of the activity of the whole community on various indicators.
- Community and teams
1) View community statistics on popular sports, wellbeing entries, programmes and achievements.
2) Team statistics provide comprehensive information on team activity, e.g. in terms of distance covered (km / mi), average exercise hours per week and some more detailed information. You will also find statistics on the number of steps taken by teams, wellness entries and the number of cheers. Team wellbeing scores are listed in two columns: current scores (over the last 3 months) and scores for the timeline you have selected.
- Wellbeing points.
Wellbeing points are an individual level scorecard for holistic wellbeing: physical activity, sleep, habit creation, and peer support are converted into points. Users unlock levels based on their total amount of points. The points are valid for the last three months.
The report shows the wellbeing levels achieved and the points earned in your community. You can also see, which activities in your community have contributed to the points. For individual points and wellbeing levels, see the individual reporting.
- Highlights. Here you can see the highlights of your community members' entries! You can use these to motivate your community in your info messages.
- Wellbeing check. This statistics gives you information on the results of the monthly recurring wellbeing check that the members are asked to respond to. Due to privacy reasons, results are only showed if there are 5 or more answers. You can view the average score of all members, the breakdown of the score or average score per question.
The Reports category contains a wide variety of individual-level data.
1) In the Leaders reports, you can see the most active members of your community by various indicators, e.g. who logged the most kilometres/miles, cheered the most or logged the most exercise entries?
2) Weekly statistics give you individual-level information on the total number of exercises logged for the week, broken down into the areas of Endurance and Strength & Mobility.
3) The wellbeing points statistics lists the wellbeing level of community members, the current points (over the last 3 months) and the points for the timeline you have selected.
If you only need information on specific activities or wellness tasks, you can find the data by typing in the exact name(s) of the activity or wellness task in the box and clicking on Add filter. Remember to also select a timeline for the report.
You can't see all users in the report?
This is because individual users are listed only, if they have given consent to participate in rewarding programs. Read more here.
Sometimes, the reason for a missing user in the report may be that the user has received an invitation to join the community but has not yet accepted the invitation. Therefore, he/she is not yet part of the community.
Why can't I see all categories in my admin view?
It depends on your admin rights whether you can see not only community and team statistics, but also individual reports. The report for the wellbeing test is visible if the test is used in the community.
For questions regarding your admin rights, please contact us.
Can't find the report you need?
Depending on your service level you can also order custom made reports from HeiaHeia. Order a custom made report by submitting a ticket. Please see instructions here.