Reach members of your community effectively through info messages. See here for instructions on how to send messages in the HeiaHeia app and browser version.
Popular ways to use info messages:
- Communicating the highlights of the HeiaHeia challenges (e.g. numbers of sport types, achievements, etc.)
- Motivating and inspiring: information briefings and links to useful information sources.
- Sharing successes stories, e.g. through pictures and videos (the info message will support links to Vimeo and Youtube).
Where will your information messages be posted for your community members?
- Members of your community will see your message in the news feed of the app.
- All your messages are collected on the pin board, which can be found under "Communities and friends" (see picture). Your messages will be saved here so they are available also afterwards.
- Depending on the user's settings, info messages are also delivered to community members by email.
- In the browser version, the messages will appear in the user's news feed, as well as on the community's own page, which can be found in HeiaHeia under My Account -> Company/Organisation Name.
HeiaHeia info message tool
1. On your browser:
Admin can send messages to all community members in Admin actions ->
Send info message.
The beginning of the info message is shown as the message title (in bold). When you press enter and change the line, the text changes to normal text.
In addition to text content, messages may contain:
- Youtube and Vimeo videos. The message will display a video icon. Add a link to the video, e.g. https://vimeo.com/video number.
Send info message -> your message will be visible in a moment to all members of the community.
Admin can update published messages or delete them. Just click on the message and edit/delete.
2. In the app
In the app, you can write messages by tapping the blue PLUS sign -> Info message.
- Add a title and the text of the message in the "Make a note" field. The date is always today.
- Add a picture if you wish.
- In addition to the text content, messages can contain links, Youtube and Vimeo videos. Add a link to the video in the following form: e.g. https://vimeo.com/video number. A video icon will appear in the message.
Create -> your message will be visible in a moment to all members of the community.
Admin can update published messages or delete them. Open the info message by tapping on it and select either edit or the three dots in the top right corner -> delete.