You receive an email invitation from your employer or organisation to join a community. However, you already have a HeiaHeia account registered with another email address. Learn how to join the community with your existing account.
1. If you have an existing HeiaHeia account with another email address, we recommend to continue using this account instead of creating another account with your work email address. Here are instructions on how to join your organisation's community with an existing account.
- Make sure you are logged into your HeiaHeia account on your phone.
- Then accept the invitation email on your phone.
- By doing so, the account will be automatically linked to your organisation's HeiaHeia community.
- These two e-mail addresses will then be associated with your user account and you can log in to your account with both of them.
If you accept the invitation to your organisation's community without being logged in to your existing HeiaHeia account at the same time, a completely new user account will be created for you and you end up having two accounts. Unfortunately, you cannot merge this account with your old one, nor can you change your new email address with your old email address, as both are already in use. You can only change your e-mail address to a new address that is not registered in HeiaHeia. See the instructions for changing your e-mail address.
2. If you've mistakenly created another account with your work email, do the following:
- Request a new invitation to the community and follow the instructions above to link the account to the Pro version of your organisation.
You can get a new invitation by submitting a ticket to us (from the top right corner of the page). Please include the following information in your request: your name, the email address to which the new invitation will be sent, and the name of your organisation.
- Once you have successfully linked your old account to the Pro version, you can delete the new account you created. Please make sure that you are logged in to the new account before deleting it, so that you do not delete your old account that already has activities logged. See instructions for deleting an account here.
3. If you received sign up code from your employer or organisation for joining the community, enter the code in the app under Communities and Friends -> Join with a code. In the browser version, you can do this in your account settings, under Memberships in communities. This way, you can join the community with your existing user account.