Plan how and when to inform your community about HeiaHeia and upcoming wellbeing challenges - and take advantage of our message templates.
Communication plays an important role in a successful launch of HeiaHeia and also during HeiaHeia challenges. Therefore, it is worth investing some time in planning. But you don't need to spend hours on this: you can take advantage of our message templates (more to come).
A good way to communicate is to use HeiaHeia's info message tool along with other communication channels in your organization (newsletters, screens, intranets, team meetings, wellness days and other common events).
HeiaHeia is a fun way to improve your wellbeing together with other community members and shouldn’t stress anyone out. This idea is good to keep in mind in communication as well!
Get the executives and the key personnel of your organization on board
Before sending the first message to your organization, try to ensure that the executives and the key personnel of the organization look forward to joining HeiaHeia and and see the importance of promoting wellbeing. Encouragement and example shown by leaders motivates the personnel to participate and improves the team spirit of the community.
Could you involve the key personnel in communication? Could the CEO act as the champion of your initiative?
Communication timeline in a HeiaHeia challenge (example):
1. Heads-up message
This message builds interest and prepares the members of your community for what is coming. You can communicate the following:
- What is HeiaHeia and what are the benefits for me?
- How can I join?
- What do we want to achieve with HeiaHeia?
- How do we benefit from HeiaHeia in our organization?
Take advantage of our message template here.
2. Introducing the HeiaHeia challenge
This is the actual launch message. Inform the organization about the following:
- What kind of challenge will it be? What is our goal, are there interim goals and what is the timetable?
- How can I join?
- If participants are to be rewarded, how will they be reward?
- Where to get assistance if you have any questions (support.heiaheia.com)?
- Wrap up with a forward-looking ending, such as "Let's improve the wellbeing of the work community and our co-workers in a fun way, together!"
2. "Take off" is getting closer, last announcement! (about 2 days before challenge start)
Before starting the challenge it is a good idea to remind everyone of the following:
- Remember to open a HeiaHeia user account (accept the invitation or use the sign up code)
- If you have a wearable, connect it with HeiaHeia. Alternatively, connect the Health app or Google Fit from your phone, or use the HeiaHeia browser version.
- Remind about the challenge theme and the goal.
- Assistance and answers to frequently asked questions are available here (support.heiaheia.com)
3. GO! Start day message
"Let's do it": message to everyone! You can also share some motivating information (e.g. an article about a topic related to your challenge).
4. During challenge
- Send some information on the progress of the challenge, for example in the end of the first week.
- Inform about possible surprise prizes for reaching interim goals (e.g. prizes for employees who have signed up).
- If necessary, re-invite persons who have not yet joined (you can do this from Admin view -> manage users). You can also invite new employees as they join.
5. Goal reached! Challenge completed - great!
Thank everyone who participated for the good achievement and hand over the prizes. Take advantage of the statistics and reports available on the HeiaHeia Admin dashboard / analytics page to provide insights and fun facts about your challenge.
Remind participants about next steps - promoting wellbeing is not a one-off project.
- You can inform the community about the next challenge and when it is expected to start.
- Encourage the personnel to continue using HeiaHeia even when a challenge is not running - there are many features for personal and peer motivation: programs, cheering, etc.
HeiaHeia helps you with communication by regularly sending summary emails, status updates and info messages.
Here's how you can use the messaging features on HeiaHeia to send messages to your community:
HeiaHeia info message tool
On your browser (laptop): Admin can send messages to all community members in Admin actions -> Send info message.
The message will be shown for all members on the community page and in users' feed.
Admin can update published messages or delete them. Just click on the message and edit/delete.
In the app the message shows on the app's main page (Home) for all users. An admin can edit or delete the message also in the app by tapping the message. Deleting: tap on the message and then the 3 dots in the right upper corner.
In addition to text content, the message can contain web links, links to Youtube, Vimeo services (the message will include a video icon) and attached image files.
Depending on the email settings of an individual user, he/she might receive the message as an email as well.