Most of the new smartphones use a “Smart Manager” or similar kind of power saver, which might block some of the functionality of your apps. For instance, it might close your HeiaHeia in the middle of GPS tracking or interfere with the GPS tracking. Follow these steps to deactivate the power saver on your smartphone:
- Open the phone’s settings and select “Battery”
- Tap “Detail” in the “App power saving” section
- Tap HeiaHeia apps and make sure that “Turned off” is selected
- Go to the settings
- Tap “Power”
- Tap “Off” to deactivate the power saving mode
- Go to the settings and select “Power saving”
- Tap “Protected apps” and select the apps which should not be disabled in the power saving mode. Read more on Huawei specific solutions from here.
Most of the other Android phones also use a power saver which can be found in the settings. Please make sure that the HeiaHeia app is excluded from the energy saving mode.
You may also want to check Power saving / Battery Manager mode-from your Android phone's Phone Manager settings. Manually select the applications you want to keep running after the screen is turned off.